Wayne Beavers’ practice focuses on counseling corporate clients regarding the protection and management of their intellectual property assets, especially patents and trademarks, both in the United States and internationally.
Mr. Beavers has 30 years experience in the practice of intellectual property law. He served as General Counsel to Gibson Guitar Corp. from 1995 to 1997. He has filed and prosecuted over 1,000 patents in the mechanical arts. His current practice is heavily focused on conducting complex patent freedom to operate and/or infringement reviews for many of the Firm’s clients as they develop and introduce new products to the market, or as they conduct due diligence during the acquisition of new businesses.
Mr. Beavers also counsels corporate clients regarding the protection and management of their IP assets, such as patents and trademarks in the U.S. and internationally.
- M.B.A., Owen Graduate School of Management, Vanderbilt University, 1998
- Beta Gamma Sigma business honor society
- J.D., University of Oklahoma, 1977
- Editor of the Oklahoma Law Review
- Member of the Order of the Coif
- B.S., Mechanical Engineering, Oklahoma State University, 1972
- Registered Patent Attorney (USPTO)
- American Bar Association
- Tennessee Bar Association
- Former Chairman, Nashville Bar Association, Intellectual Property Committee
- Tennessee Intellectual Property Association
- Former President, Oklahoma Bar Association, Patent, Trademark and Copyright Section